CARE AND HANDLING OF IPIK DOORS
HANDLING & STORAGE
1. Doors must be sealed as soon as they are delivery to job site.
2. Handle doors with clean gloves. Do not slide doors across one another or across other surfaces.
3. Store doors flat on a level surface in a dry, well ventilated building. Cover with dark opaque material to keep out light, keep clean, but still allow air circulation.
4. Doors cannot be subjected to abnormal heat, extreme dryness or, excessive humidity. Humidity must be maintained between 35%-65%. Doors should be acclimated to the prevailing humidity, prior to installation.
5. Doors must be inspected when received. Written notice of any claim of visible defect must be given to IPIK within 10 days of receipt of doors.
1. The structural strength of a door must not be impaired during fitting, either by application of hardware, or by any cuts made for lights, louvers, or other special details.
2. Job site fitting is limited to 1/8 inch on each vertical edge and 1 inch at top and bottom. Clearance between door and frame of 1/8 inch is standard at top, lock and hinge edges.
3. Doors over 3'-0" wide or over 7'-6" high require 4 hinges.
4. When doors are factory prepared for hardware:
- all drilling for screws and bolts will be done in the field by others.
- correctly sized pilot holes must be field drilled for all screws.
- Doors must be installed in the openings numbers marked on the top of each door.
DO NOT REMOVE METAL FIRE LABELS FROM STILES OF DOORS!
Do not trim the top end of a fire door.
20, 45, 60 and 90 minute fire doors are prefit in width and beveled. No further width trimming should be necessary. Doors may be undercut up to 3/4" for floor clearance. Jambs must be plumb and square, so the doors operate freely.
NFPA requires that a LICENSED COMPANY mortise 20,45, 60 and 90 minute doors for hardware and cut light openings. Glass must be installed in approved metal or wood frames. Correctly sized pilot holes must be field-drilled for all screws.
PAIRS OF FIRE DOORS
Approved 18-gauge, metal edges and astragals are required for pairs of 45, 60, and 90 minute doors except for
"A" Category positive pressure doors which already have intumescent material imbedded in tops and edges.
20 min rated pairs may be specified to have fire treated wood stiles so that metal edges are not required.
POSITIVE PRESSURE FIRE DOORS
"A" CATEGORY DOORS WITH "S" LABELS
45, 60, 90 MINUTE MANUFACTURED USING G-P GYPSUM CORPORATION CORES WITH INTUMESCENT MATERIAL ALREADY IMBEDDED IN TOPS AND TWO EDGES.
"B" CATEGORY DOORS WITH "S" LABELS
20, 45, 60, 90 MINUTE DOORS REQUIRE JOB-SITE INSTALLATION
of PEMCO HSS 2000 INTUMESCENT EDGE-SEAL AROUND PERIMETER OF DOORS AND AT ONE MEETING EDGE OF PAIRS.
ALL FLUSH BOLTS REQUIRE FIELD INSTALLATION OF TWO STRIPS OF PEMKO HSS200O ACROSS TOPS OF FLUSH BOLTS.
ALL "S" LABELED DOORS REQUIRE FIELD INSTALLATION OF A PEMKO S88 SMOKE AND
DRAFT CONTROL SEAL.